Progressing your Relational
Skills and Interpersonal Maturity
Regularly experiencing relationship joy is an integral part of “the good life” we all dream of. But it takes an important set of skills which are not taught in our regular education.
Would you like to speak so that you are heard? Learn attunement and empathy? Or stop the awful cycles of arguing? How about recover from “ouches!” more quickly and completely? Or maybe you’re longing to be enfolded in the depths of intimacy? You’ve learned the 3 R’s already, join me NOW to add the 4th “R”: Relationship.
The good news is:
- It’s not your fault if your relationship skills are a little rusty.
- No matter what relationship mayhem has happened in the past, you are fully capable of acquiring relationship—enhancing skills NOW!
This group will draw on recent research from Interpersonal Neurobiology, Relational Life Therapy (Terry Real), Imago Relationship Therapy, (Harville Hendrix), Couples Institute (Bader/Pearson) and the Attachment and Trauma literature.
- Improved communication, connection, and collaboration.
- Renewed intimacy, cherishing and affection.
- Faster and more complete recovery from relationship ruptures
- Earn the secure and reliable bond which is the platform for the expression of…..wait for it……. LOVE!
Didactic/Theoretical: Information on a particular relational SKILL.
Skill Practice: An opportunity to “experience” and practice the skill with eachother or engage in a coaching demo with Sara.
Momentum: Exercises will sometimes be given to keep the new skills sharp between sessions.
These are among the top skills which create a happy partnership. In the registration process, couples will be invited to identify what they are most interested to learn, and this will be included.
- Speaking to be heard: Getting to the Heart of it.
- Intimacy enhancement: The Fine Art of Cherishing.
- The Superpower of Appreciation: Recipe for Connection.
- Co-regulation: Happy nervous system, well relationship.
- Effective repair and apology: The baggage-free alliance.
- Rewind/Replay: We’re human after all.
- The speed of truth: Reliable as rocket fuel.
- Date night is not optional: Use it or lose it.
- Affair proofing your marriage: Inoculate your bond against temptation.
- Collaborative alliance rather vs collusive: Where the rubber meets the road.
- Distancer/Pursuer dynamics: Who’s zooming who?
|Where:||307-402 West Pender Street|
|Dates:||TBA please email for dates|
|Inclusive:||All expressions of gender identity, sexual orientation, relationship structure are welcome|
|Register:||Indicate your interest by email and receive a registration package|
|Requirement:||Couples need to have completed 2+ sessions of couples counselling or do an Intake Interview with me to determine readiness|
|Cost:||$150/session per couple. Total of all sessions: $900/couple
If you can’t make it after you’ve paid the $600, then 75% or $450 can be carried over to another of my groups within a 2 year period.
|Payment:||eTransfer a non refundable deposit of $300 to reserve your place.
Remainder of $600 is due on or before April 13, 2020
Fee includes the GST.
Receipts will be issued.
|Parking||Street meters or parkade at 535 Richards Street|