YES! Video (online) and Telecounselling are available
Discounted rates below
PAYMENT: Payable per session by cash or check. All prices include the GST CANCELLATIONS: Require a minimum 48 hours notice or full fee will apply TELEPHONE CONSULT: Initial call of 10 minutes is free for individuals or couples to determine goodness of fit.
- $140/50 minutes (Covid-19 Opt-in rate of $115 available until April 1st/2020)
- $280/100 minutes (Covid-19 Opt-in rate of $230 available until April 1st/2020)
- $150/50 minutes (Covid-19 Opt-in rate of $125 available until April 1st/2020)
- $300/100 minutes (Covid-19 Opt-in rate of $250 available until April 1st/2020)
- $150 per 50 minutes. Must be minimum of triple session (150 minutes).
*For other options please see details
These fees are in accordance with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors Fee Structure
How often should you attend? Attending on a weekly basis typically provides more traction and maintenance of new skills and insights. Once steady improvement is being made, the sessions can drop to bi-monthly and then “as needed” to maintain gains.
These rates are consistent with the approved guidelines of the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors fee schedule for therapists with extensive experience and credentials.
ARE THE SERVICES COVERED UNDER MY HEALTH PLAN?
BC Medical does not directly cover the costs of clinical counselling. However, you are able to claim your counselling fees under “medical expenses” for tax purposes, if they reach the annual threshold established by CRA.
Your Extended Health Plan likely has coverage at two levels:
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP): Check with your plan administrator; they will be able to tell you whether I am an approved provider.
- Extended Health Plan (EHB): Check with your plan administrator whether the services of Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCC) or Certified Canadian Counsellors (CCC) are covered. You are responsible to pay me and then you will receive a receipt which you then submit for reimbursement unless I have a prior arrangement to bill directly.
In some cases, your health plan service providers will make an exception and contract with me if you ask. I have a letter indicating my areas of expertise and credentials should you wish to submit such a request.